Overseas Education College of Xiamen University

  1. Why Xiamen University?
    Comprehensive- As a state key university directly affiliated with the China Education Ministry, Xiamen University has a long history of eighty-five years of outstanding teaching staff and facilities.
    International- Since the day it was founded, Xiamen University has had a global perspective on education and has promoted international and regional academic exchanges and cooperation in numerous fields.
    Beautiful- Located in Xiamen--a beautiful city in southeast China, its three campuses are set amidst delightful scenery and are generally recognised as the most beautiful campuses in China.
    Climate- Xiamen has a subtropical climate, generally mild and rainy, with an average annual temperature of approximately 21℃. Summers are free from extreme heat while winters are not harsh.
  2. How can I apply?
    The Overseas Education College(OEC) is responsible for enrollment of International Students of Chinese language programs.
    Please contact:
    Overseas Education College of Xiamen University
    Tel: 0086-592-2186211
    Fax: 0086-592-2093346
    Email: oec@xmu.edu.cn
    For the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes, please contact
    Admissions Office of Xiamen University
    Tel: 0086-592-2188888,2184792 Fax: 0086-592-2180256
    Email: ccp@xmu.edu.cn
    http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn (English)
    http://zsb.xmu.edu.cn (Chinese)
  3. What should I do if I can’t speak Chinese?
    We open Chinese language programs of different levels. At the beginning of every semester, there will be a placement test. According to results of the test, we put new students into classes of different levels. Every semester, there are more than 100 new students, who know nothing about Chinese language before they come, studying in Xiamen University and they are now getting on very well with their study life here.
  4. What documents do I need to submit for my application?
    Email to: oec@xmu.edu.cn
    Application Form and a scanned copy of your passport, enclosed to your email as attachments.
  5. When can I start my course?
    OEC Chinese language programs of the University enrol new students for spring semester, summer short-term semester, fall semester and other short-term programs.
    academic calendar as follows:
    Autumn semester: mid-September to end of January the next year
    Winter vacation: end of January to mid-February
    Spring semester: mid-February to end of July
    Summer vacation: end of July to beginning of September
    Summer short-terms: May 8th to June–23th, mid-July to mid-August
    Teaching hours: (Monday to Friday):
    • 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
    • 13:00 a.m. - 14:30 p.m.
    • 14:40 p.m. - 16:10 p.m.
  6. If I want to study for short periods(< a long semester) other than may-to-august summer short term, can i join the long-term program and then quit halfway?
    Yes, but if you join in the long-term program in the middle of the term, you should already know some Chinese so that you can catch up with other students ,who study Chinese from the beginning of the term.
  7. How about internet? Can I bring my laptop then Do you have any hotspot or must I use internet bar in university? Is there far from dorm?
    The internet is available in overseas students’ dormitory. Students can apply for the internet access from the office of China telecom or China mobile on campus, costing 40RMB per month. You can also have free WIFI in the OEC building.
  8. When and where can I take HSK Test(Chinese Proficiency Test)?
    Please refer to following information:
    * HSK Schedule of Xiamen University
    in other areas:
    * HSK schedule in Hongkong, Macao and Taiwan, and foreign countries
    * HSK schedule in cities in Mainland China
    For more information about HSK, please visit: http://hsk.org.cn/
  9. Is it possible for you to help me estimate my total expenses for one semester? I will be shouldering all the expenses on my own.
  10. If I want to live outside the campus, is there any place where most overseas students live?
    Xiang'an district has its own commercial center, which located around Huijing Zhongxin (Huijing Center), 15 minutes bus away from Xiang'an campus. There are apartments, super-markets, restaurants, parks, banks, KTVs, shops and a theater in that area. Besides, the rents are much lower compared to those around Siming Campus.
  11. For other information, please contact us:
    Overseas Education College of Xiamen University
    Tel: 0086-592-2186211 Fax: 0086-592-2093346
    Email: oec@xmu.edu.cn

Click: / 2006/03/16 11:26:57 Last Update:2018/7/30 9:26:13 / 6825